Gift unique plants this Diwali and go green
The festival of lights, happiness, and togetherness is upon us. Yearly deep cleaning sessions have begun and some of us have a long list of things we want to buy.
But, Diwali is also a festival of showing our loved ones how much we love and care for them. The go-to gift is, of course, a big box of sweets. How about changing that slightly this time?
How about we gift a plant this Diwali?
Plants for Diwali – why it is a phenomenal idea
Plants as gifts are not just unique but also extremely thoughtful. In this day and age, when many gifting ideas have become common and unappealing, plants are a refreshing change (quite literally).
When you gift a plant to your friends and family, you gift them a part of nature. Nature nurtures, takes care of us, and elevates our mood. Plus, the foliage, the aroma, and/or the colorful flowers can easily turn frowns into smiles. Thus, when you gift a plant, you gift care and joy.
Isn’t that the best gift ever?
Good luck plants for Diwali – our picks
Plants make great gifts for any occasion but there are a few that hold festive significance. We have shortlisted the ones that are perfect for the bright, joyous festival of Diwali.
Money plant (Golden pothos)
On Diwali, we leave our doors open to invite Goddess Lakshmi to our homes and bless us with good fortune. Money plant is the perfect symbol of fortune & prosperity and is a very common household plant. In fact, our homes feel incomplete without at least one of these!
A few facts about the money plant
- It is a low maintenance plant that is suitable for office desks, AC rooms, etc.
- It is known to purify the air.
- According to Feng Shui, it energizes homes and increases the flow of oxygen.
- Vastu experts vouch for the plant as well. They say it brings positivity into our lives. They recommend growing the plant inside the house, not outside.
The name Jasmine was derived from the Persian word “Yasmin,” which literally translates to “gift from God.” One look at this gorgeous plant and you will note that its name does complete justice to it. This plant, with its sweet-smelling flowers, also symbolizes good luck, making it ideal for Diwali gifting.
A few facts about Juhi
- It is a fast-growing shrub.
- Its sweet fragrance is relaxing and warm.
- It signifies sensuality and love in some cultures.
- Jasmine flowers are used in multiple rituals across the world including wedding ceremonies and religious gatherings. They are perfect for ornamental décor as well.
Jade plant (Elephant bush)
Jade is known to be ornamental but there’s a lot more to it too! In many cultures, it symbolizes good luck and is said to activate financial energy. This is why this succulent is commonly gifted to business owners. In fact, its bright green leaves are even shaped like coins!
Jade makes the perfect Diwali gift not just for this reason but also because it is beautiful and symbolizes strong friendship.
A few facts about Jade
- According to Feng Shui, it gives off Chi energy (positive).
- It is an excellent work-from-home partner.
- It is scientifically proven to increase humidity in the air.
- It is easy to maintain.
The low-maintenance aglaonema (pink) plant is often dubbed as “the tropic’s luckiest plant” because it is said to bring great fortune. It has a striking appearance with unique foliage and is quick to grow, making it quite a splendid Diwali gift.
A few facts about Agalonema (pink)
- It is also known as Chinese Evergreen. As per Feng Shui, it is a “bringer of fortune.”
- It is thought to have positive effects on health and well-being.
- It purifies indoor air.
- It grows well even in low-light conditions.
The wonderful thing about plants is that no matter which one you choose, you are always right! Go on, then. Make this Diwali extra special and green for your loved ones with plants!